Thursday, January 29, 2009
Anyway, I am happy to report that I have found low carb bloggers! Woo hoo!I have already gotten so many tasty recipes from them and can't wait to try the others. Its so inspiring to see how much weight others have lost, and I am only wanting to lose about ten or fifteen more, so if they can do it, so can I! I lost thirty lbs before the wedding, and had gained seven back...oops...*whistling*....but since the New Year, I have been on the diet and am finally back at the wedding weight! Just a lil more to go....
One more thing, Aly and Jody are having a boy!!!!! I cant wait! We have never had a lil boy around, cant wait!! Im going to town to throw her a baby shower on April 11....She is the cutest pregnant girl I have ever seen! LOL...maybe Ill quit hearing from my mom and family about getting a grandchild from me right now!
Ok, Buckshot keeps bringing me his toy snake, so I gotta end this blog and play his favorite game , tug o war! Love to all~~Kasey
Friday, January 23, 2009
P.S. Ok I know this blog wasn't very newsworthy...I feel kinda dumb that I dont have neat stuff to talk about like babies...maybe one day...hehe...until then, bare with me!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Ok so I COULD start this blog by telling my life story up to this point, but quite frankly...it would take entirely too long and truthfully, I dont feel like it! Lol! So, in an MBA student-style organized fashion, I will list some of the notable events that have occured in my life in the past few years, just to get everyone updated...
- Chad and I spent some time on the Gulf Coast, staying in our camper, which thankfully is quite spacey, for about three months back in 2006. It was not long after Katrina when we got down there. I loved it because I felt like such a beach bum, but I was happy when his job was over because we got to move to LaPlace, meaning I could start school back! I decided on Southeastern in Hammond.
- Life was good, just me Chad and Buckshot in the camper (hehe). I was driving up to Hammond for classes everyday, and he worked. However, as just about any girl would, I began getting antsy and SO ready to get into an actual house! A girl can only live with a tiny shower where the water has to be turned off while you lather up for so long! Yes, I seriously had to do that..! So, we started looking for a house to rent.
- Near the end of 2006, we found a house! It was in Independence, about 10 miles north of Hammond, which meant a shorter commute for me and a longer one for Chad. But the house was perfect for our needs at the time: out in the country, enough land for about one horse (which I was ECSTATIC about because I couldnt wait for my horses to be near me!) and affordable rent (ok, well, not the optimal amount we wanted to pay...but 700 a month wasnt bad compared to other places we had considered). We even got another dog, a black lab puppy named Duke. We were happy. And life was GOOOD. Until...
- Once again, we go antsy. we had that homey, settled in feeling, but there were a few problems..#1-the house was not as big as we would have liked, especially if we would have started having kiddies! #2- we wanted more land so we could bring MORE horses down from Natchez. And #3- we were only renting it. So, we decided we were readyto enter the home buyers market, and so we started looking.
- We found our house, and fell in love with it, but it was listed for 160K, which was out of our price range. So we kept looking, until our realtor called and said the house was brought down to 150K. Still too much. But, after some back and forth offering, we got the house! Nine and a half acres, out in the country, nice big pond, GREAT neighbors. If heaven aint a lot like this, I dont wanna go! (*I must note here that my one complaint with our land is that when it rains hard, it turns into a darn swamp. Seriously. Not fun.)
- Ok, because of the fact that I am very tired and wanna finish this entry before i go to bed, Im gonna skip a few parts..basically, we got married this past November, I graduated with my Bachelors degree in December, and am now pursuing my Masters in Business Administration. I am so content with life right now, its amazing. Yes, there are not enough hours in the day for me, but who has free time these days? Haha...I think I have learned to enjoy the rush...the waking up super early, swinging by PJ's for coffee, going to classes all day, finding time in between to work out, and then running errands before heading home and caring for ALL our animals, hehe. I then attempt to straighten up the house and have dinner ready by the time Chad gets home so that I can spend about 30 mins with him before he goes to bed and I study until all hours, just to wake up and do it over!! Who says you cant have it all! ;) XOXO~ Kas